5 Crazy Facts about Bison
But first a Joke - What did the buffalo say to his son on the first day of school?
Bi son! :-)
1) Bison are the largest mammal in North America! Bulls can weigh up to 2,000 lbs and stand 6 feet tall!!
2) What's a red dog? No, not a dog..... it's a baby bison! Who knew? Bison calves are orange-red in color when they are born earning them the nickname "red dogs".
3) Moody? Hmmm... sometimes! You can judge a bison's mood by its tail. When it hangs down and switches naturally, the bison is usually calm. If the tail is standing straight up, WATCH OUT! Good to know!
4) Pass the salad, please! - Bison eat primarily grasses, weeds and leafy plants, typically foraging for 9 to 11 hours a day!
5) A little dirt don't hurt! - A bison rolls around in the dirt, or wallows, to keep flies off and help shed fur. They also wallow during mating season to leave their scent behind. ;)
Are you the moody one of your herd? Everyone is sometimes, right? :-)
Why not show it off with a hand painted bison head sculpture in your bedroom or living room. Your bison head is painted with stunning (life-like) details, available in a variety of sizes, and you can customize it with over 22+ color combinations!