Medieval, Gothic home decor items are trending and are a great way to add a touch of rustic elegance to your home.
You don't have to go full on Goth, unless of course you want to, but adding a small touch of medieval decor goes a long way.
Gothic or Medieval interior decor is all about elegance and drama. This unique style is ultimately about making a rich statement.
For lavish interiors, embrace high-end furniture and fabrics, and plenty of other decorative accents. While trying to create a modern Gothic living room, pay attention to the intrinsic taste and the fine styling options for flooring and ceiling that is reminiscent of that century. Add some cushy rugs in deep tones for a cozier feel.
Here are some Decorating Tips to create the drama of the Medieval period in your home!
Choose Rich, Deep Colors
When you are choosing a palatial theme like Medieval, then you can pick rich colors like red, green, brown and gold in deeper tones. You may not want to choose these tones for the smaller rooms of your house. In that case, you can consider lighter shades like dusky pink, deep cream, sea blue and rusts.
Switch to Fancy Flooring
Instead of keeping it simple and regular, look for designer tiles or fancy stones. Also, hardwood is also an affordable option.
Pick Design Options for Walls
Medieval theme has all the elements that can impress your guests the moment they enter your facility. Not only the floorings and ceilings, but the walls of your house should also be addressed while redecorating. Instead of keeping them plain and sober, you should choose interesting design options for walls. Some ideas to consider are dragons, gargoyles, and human skulls.
Set Fireplace as Focus
When it comes to medieval interior designing theme, a fireplace is always the best choice for focal point. Opting for a vintage style fireplace makes a great statement!
Invest in Wooden Furnishings
For affordable, yet stylish furnishing options, invest in wooden furniture in dark finishes. Instead of spending money in glass tables, you can buy a wooden table made of oak or lumber with a touch of medieval period.
Keep the Lighting System As Natural As Possible
Make sure that you let the natural light enter the house. In addition, you can use stylish lamps and small ceiling lights to create the drama of the medieval period in your house.
Choose Vintage Style Curtains & Accessories
In order to give a medieval look to your house, choose curtains and decorative accessories in vintage style.
For more information about adding gothic touches to your home, whether subtle or dramatic, check out this great article!
Handmade with Incredible Detail
Hand painted CAST IRON
Available in Rustic Bronze, Fire bronze, Gold, and Silver
Check us out on Sweet Silly Sara's Holiday Gifts for Boys!
Also Featured on BuzzFeed:
Check back again soon! We will also have our NEW Mini Luna featured in Sweet Silly Sara's Holiday Gifts for Girls!
...Fast food! :-)
No more joking around, below are 5 Crazy Antelope Facts:
1) There are 91 different species of antelope! WOW!
2) Almost all antelope are social animals, living in herds.
3) Antelope have very well developed senses, which help them detect predators from long distances. This, coupled with their speed, gives them plenty of time to escape from even some of the fastest predators.
4) Antelope are smart! 🤓 They follow the rains to find tender grasses. They also often follow zebras because they eat the tougher, outer grass leaving the soft, tender grass for the antelope.
5) Antelopes vary in size and shape. Big antelopes, like the Eland, are 6 foot tall and can weigh up to 1450 pounds, while the small antelopes, like the Royal, are about 10 to 12 inches in height.
Are you an antelope lover? Why not display this beauty in your home! This wall mount is a fashionable way to bring an exotic yet modern touch to your walls, straight from the African Sahara! Your antelope head is painted with stunning (life-like) details, available in a variety of sizes, and you can customize it with over 22+ color combinations!
Mystical. Magical. Beautiful! ... and now MINI!
Who wouldn't want this little cutie hanging on their wall? Our NEW Mini Luna is the perfect amount of magic for any little girls room or nursery! The perfect gift for ALL Uni-lovers!
The Mini Luna Natural + Silver faux taxidermy Unicorn.
This magical wall mount allows your imagination to run wild as this sculpture was hand crafted and fit for the perfect fairytale!
The Mini Luna makes the perfect statement piece for any wall!
No more joking around, here are 5 Crazy Cow Facts:
1) Cows have an excellent sense of smell and can detect odors up to six miles away!
2) Cows have almost 300 degrees of vision, with blind spots only right in front of and behind them.
3) Cows spend 10 to 12 hours a day lying down. LAZY!! But.... they only sleep an average of about 4 hours a day.
4) Just like dogs, cows enjoy a good rubdown, whether on the head, neck or back. Well, who doesn't?
5) Cows are very social and don’t like to be alone.
Our cow heads and skulls are sure to make a statement in your home! Charm your walls with one of our many cow Wall Charmers! Choose from our Carved Longhorn Cow Skull, the Longhorn Cow Head, the Longhorn Cow Skull, and the Carved Cow Skull. Your cow head or skull is painted with stunning (life-like) details, available in a variety of sizes, and you can customize it with over 22+ color combinations!
Click the links above to see NEW prices!
No more joking around, here are 5 Crazy Lion Facts:
1) The roar of a lion can be heard from 5 miles away! Now that's loud!
2) Did you know? ... Lions (male and female) are afraid of large mammals like giraffes, hippos and elephants!
3) Lions need an average of 6 kg of food or more a day. That's over 13 lbs of food a day! Imagine that grocery bill?
4) Male lions defend the pride's territory while females do most of the hunting. Yes, that's right! The WOMEN!! :-)
5) Lions are the most social of all big cats and live together in groups or “prides.”
Choose one of our wine bottle holders for your wine lover friends & family!
Click HERE to see the whole collection! 15 different styles to choose from!
...Do not consume if seal is broken. :)
NO more joking around, below are 5 Crazy Shark Facts:
1) A shark's sense of smell is 10,000 times better than a human's. Well... they do have rather large noses! :-)
2) Sharks are picky eaters. Then often take a bite before they decide if they want to eat it!
3) Sharks have an amazing sense of hearing. They can hear up to 3000 feet away. So don't talk about them behind their backs...even from far away!
4) Unlike fish, sharks can only swim forward. That is because their fins are stiff and cannot be controlled by muscles.
5) An average shark has 40-45 teeth in up to seven rows. Sharks lose teeth regularly and can go through 30,000 teeth in their lifetime! Now that's a lot of brushing! :)