When it comes to designing our homes, we look to many different sources for vision.
Often times, we've just visited a friends home and we think, "Wow! I love that?!" and wonder how we can implement a similar style into our own home.
Sure, we've all seen something, perhaps a piece of furniture, wall decor, or tabletop centerpiece that we love and want to try to merge it into our current design... or even redecorate entirely!
✔ Will this Rustic Faux Deer Skull or Faux Antler Rack go with my current decor style?
✔ How do I incorporate this Distressed Farmhouse Cast Iron Arrow wall decor?
Farmhouse decor is trending and there are so many different sources of information to help you get it right! Just "winging it" can be tricky and often times ends up looking like a hot mess! A hodge podge of different decor items all slammed together! You need to be aware of what "goes" and what clashes. Incorporating the right accents with your furniture and color scheme is key! Take a look at some of the inspiration resources below. They'll surely get your creative juices flowing!
✔ Design Blogs
There are so many Farmhouse Design blogs on the internet you can surely get a TON of inspiration! A great source on ways to incorporate current trends, modern and classic farmhouse design, or, if Farmhouse isn't your thing, search up Contemporary, Medieval, Colonial, whatever tickles your fancy! Often times bloggers have great design ideas you wouldn't otherwise think of yourself. If you want to know it... there's a blog for it! Guaranteed!!! And once you find a blogger you love, follow them on social media. Chances are their social media accounts are packed with great images and articles links related to their blog.
✔ DIY TV Shows
This is a big one! I, myself, love DIY home decor and renovation TV shows. I fell in LOVE with Farmhouse style when the show Fixer Upper on HGTV launched! LOVE their style! They have such a great eye for incorporating Farmhouse decor but also take into consideration the style of the folks who own the home. There many other shows on HGTV that are great for helping with your Farmhouse decor, and they're super entertaining too! Oh.. for you Farmhouse DIY show lovers, there is a new one coming this year ... The pilot for Farmhouse Fixer is set to premiere on HGTV in 2019. The host will work to renovate a centuries old New England Farmhouse! I can't wait to see how he preserves the historic charm of the house while adding a modern layout!
Check out HGTV's website for more information on this new show!
✔ Social Media
Social Media is a big one! Pinterest, Instagram, even Facebook are great sources! Also look to Tumblr for some great ideas! Millions of people visually share, and discover new interests by posting on these social media sites!
✔ Online Shopping Sites
Shopping for your home isn't always easy, especially online. However, in this digital age of home decor, the interior design world is stepping up its game. There are so many e-commerce outlets where you can find the big, small, unique, and everything in between, tailored to your specific design style. Since we are talking about Farmhouse decor, I've made a list of great online shopping sites to offer some inspiration.
- Wayfair and Houzz are great sources of inspiration. Decor for Every Style & Budget. Even Yours! You can sort by design style if you are looking for a specific style.
- LTD Commodities is another good find! Incredible values in home decor, bed and bath, and more!
- And I LOVE Antique Farmhouse! Everything from shabby chic to farmhouse home decor to enhance your space.
❤ But, of course, Wall Charmers is the BEST! (We may be a bit biased though.) We aren't just Faux Taxidermy! We're always adding to our Farmhouse Collection, including our Cast Iron Arrow wall decor, so check back from time to time for updates! Lots of BIG, exciting things happening in the near future!
A few great magazines to peak your interest!
- Farmhouse Style is our #1 mag pick! Inside every issue you will find Gorgeous home tours to inspire you,Today's BEST rustic decorating tips, Easy DIY farmhouse decor ideas, and more!
- Better Homes and Gardens is a great magazine for detailed tips on subjects ranging from interior decorating to healthy cooking.
- Country Living for sure! It focuses on modern design ideas that retain the natural country feel. Enjoy tips on gardening, recipes and do-it-yourself craft ideas.
- House Beautiful is all about making your house beautiful with interior design and gardening tips. Whether you are downsizing, or upsizing, create the look and style that's right for you.
You're probably not an interior designer.. but with the right tips and tricks, and the right decor items, your home will look like you are!
So, whether you know the "look" you are going for and you need some help putting it all together, or you have no idea what you want to do, you just need a change... All of the sources above are sure to leave you with heaps of design inspiration to complete your Farmhouse makeover!
Check out The History of Farmhouse Decor to see where this trending new design style started!